A process that measures how a building's performance compares to the specified design. This includes how the mechanical system operates and how much energy a building uses. Other aspects of this analysis include, but are not limited to, ventilated facade studies, lighting analysis, internal and external CFD airflow, and solar analysis.
- • Ensure building is operating to specified design and sustainable standards
- • Identify opportunities to modify system operations to improve performance
- • Create a "what if" scenario and change different materials throughout the building to show better or worse performance conditions
Team Competencies Required
Building Systems Analysis Software(Energy, Lighting, Mechanical, Other)
- • Ability to understand and manipulate CMMS and building control systems with Record Model
- • Ability to understand typical equipment operation and maintenance practices
- • Ability to manipulate, navigate, and review a 3D Model
References for Additional Information
- • Ayat E. Osman, Robert Ries. " Optimization For Cogeneration Systems in Buildings Based on Life Cycle Assessment" May 2006, http://itocn.org/2006/20/
- • "Building Performance Analysis Using Revit" 2007 Autodesk Inc., http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/building_performance_analysis_using_revit.pdf
Sample Process Map(s)
[Link to Template Process Map - Under Development]
Potential Output Information
Source: BIM Project Execution Planning Guide, Ver. 2.2 with minor revisions.