Construction System Design
A process in which 3D System Design Software is used to design and analyze the construction of a complex building system (e.g. form work, glazing, tie-backs, etc.) in order to increase planning.
- Increase constructability of a complex building system
- Increase construction productivity
- Increase safety awareness of a complex building system
- Decrease language barriers
- 3D System design software
Team Competencies Required:
- Ability to manipulate, navigate, and review 3D model
- Ability to make appropriate construction decisions using a 3D System Design Software
- Knowledge of typical and appropriate construction practices for each component
- Leventhal, Lauren.” Delivering Instruction for Inherently-3D Construction Tasks: Lessons and Questions for Universal Accessibility”. Workshop on Universal Accessibility of Ubiquitous Computing: Providing for the elderly.
- Khemlano (2007). AECbytes: Building the Future (October 18, 2007).